Documents to Help with Your Succession Planning Journey
Other Succession Planning Resources
- The Federal Reserve of Kansas City has a comprehensive toolkit that includes case studies, what to do in various situations, and templates for both emergency succession plans and departure-defined succession plans.
- The national Community Action Partnership has some great documents on the entire process. Page 11 in the appendix of part 1 has a great organizational assessment that you can start with. The first appendix in part 3 has a helpful Executive Transition Timeline.
Sample Documents and Templates
- A board emergency succession policy template – this covers everything you need for a solid policy.
- Crafting an Operating Manual for Your Organization – a variety of examples and ideas for staff to create their own position manual.
- Creating a Leadership Development Plan – steps to take to develop a plan for your organization.
Successful Transitions Cohort
As I discussed in the training, I will hold a Lincoln Successful Transitions program beginning in August 2022. Read more about the program. Other Nebraska organizations can join if there is room. More general information on Successful Transitions is also available.
Please let me know how I can be of assistance as you work on your succession plans. I’m at email@example.com or 402-730-2532.