Documents to Help with Your Succession Planning Journey
Other Succession Planning Resources
- The Federal Reserve of Kansas City has a comprehensive toolkit that includes case studies, what to do in various situations, and templates for both emergency succession plans and departure-defined succession plans.
- The national Community Action Partnership has some great documents on the entire process. Page 11 in the appendix of part 1 has a great organizational assessment that you can start with. The first appendix in part 3 has a helpful Executive Transition Timeline.
Sample Documents and Templates
- A board emergency succession policy template – this covers everything you need for a solid policy.
- Crafting an Operating Manual for Your Organization – a variety of examples and ideas for staff to create their own position manual.
- Creating a Leadership Development Plan – steps to take to develop a plan for your organization.
Successful Transitions Cohort
Please let me know how I can be of assistance as you work on your succession plans. I’m at email@example.com or 402-730-2532.